NQT Programme Day 1
This event will take place between 9:30am and 3:30pm on 23/09/2020.
This structured programme has been designed as a professional development tool for those teachers in the early stages of their careers. The programme is a 2-year package which takes NQTs through their NQT and RQT years.
Day 1 will be a Digital Course led by Senior Education Advisers Darren Price and Claire Leitheiser via Microsoft Teams.
The Early Career Programme will cover the following aspects over the 2 years:
- NQT entitlements
- Role of the mentor
- Effective use of NQT time
- Teacher Standards – what are they/what do they mean?
- Behaviour Management Strategies
- Setting and maintaining high expectations of behaviour and learning
- Understanding how students learn
- Working memory/cognitive load
- Supporting pupils with a range of needs e.g. SEND, EAL
- Integration of IT to support teaching and learning
- Structure of lessons
- Assessment for Learning
- Effective feedback
- Data Analysis and how to use this effectively/Curriculum design
- Monitoring and evaluation processes
- Preparing to be a subject leader
Central training will be led by teachers and leaders across the Trust in order to share best practice. Training events will also provide valuable networking opportunities.