NQT Programme Day 2
This event will take place between 3:45pm and 4:45pm on 13/01/2021.
NQT Early Career Programme Day 2 - Workshop 3 of 3
This structured programme has been designed as a professional development tool for those teachers in the early stages of their careers. The programme is a 2-year package which takes NQTs through their NQT and RQT years.
Day 2 will be split over three twilight digital sessions led by Senior Education Advisers Darren Price and Claire Leitheiser via Microsoft Teams.
The Early Career Programme will cover the following aspects over the 2 years:
- NQT entitlements
- Role of the mentor
- Effective use of NQT time
- Teacher Standards – what are they/what do they mean?
- Behaviour Management Strategies
- Setting and maintaining high expectations of behaviour and learning
- Understanding how students learn
- Working memory/cognitive load
- Supporting pupils with a range of needs e.g. SEND, EAL
- Integration of IT to support teaching and learning
- Structure of lessons
- Assessment for Learning
- Effective feedback
- Data Analysis and how to use this effectively/Curriculum design
- Monitoring and evaluation processes
- Preparing to be a subject leader
Central training will be led by teachers and leaders across the Trust in order to share best practice. Training events will also provide valuable networking opportunities.