Upskilling Through Apprenticeships
Apprenticeships are a great way to develop your skills and knowledge in the workplace and we have a strong track record of supporting our current staff to gain accredited qualifications from level 2 to level 7, including teaching assistant, early years, catering and hospitality, leadership, site management, business administration, customer service, accounting, to name a few. There really is something for everyone!
We work with training providers who are rated good or outstanding by Ofsted and who deliver training at your workplace and online, so you won’t need to travel to college*. You are assigned a tutor who visits you at work to support your learning and they stay in contact by email and phone.
Feedback from colleagues who have upskilled with an apprenticeship state increased job satisfaction, more opportunity for progression at work and a renewed (and sometimes surprising!) love of learning.
*some travel may be required for exams held offsite, depending on the apprenticeship.
Check out the testimonials below from colleagues who have upskilled or are upskilling via the levy.
- There is no age limit for apprenticeships!
- Most apprenticeships require learners to hold GCSEs at grade C/4 or above in maths and English. Functional skills in maths, English and ICT can be completed alongside the apprenticeship if required.
- Previous qualifications are taken into account and those who already have a degree may still be eligible depending on the subject.
Off the Job Training
- Apprentices need to complete 20% off-the-job training (OTJT) which develops the learner's skills to support the knowledge, skills and behaviours for the required apprenticeship. This doesn't mean a day a week away from work though.
- Examples of OTJT include coaching and mentoring, online learning, shadowing a colleague and in-house training. See the attachments below for further information on off-the-job training.
What is the Apprenticeship Levy?
Apprenticeships are covered by our GAT apprenticeship levy fund so there's no cost to you. The Apprenticeship Levy is a UK tax on employers which is used to fund apprenticeship training, including the upskilling of current staff.
If you are interested in upskilling, the Apprenticeships Mapping Sheet below matches job roles with appropriate apprenticeships. You can express an interest by completing this online form and we will contact you with more information.